Banking & Finance Quiz, Monday 25th Feb 2019
1. The data released from the Ministry of Commerce and Industries shows that the FDI inflows to India is reduced by ———–per cent to USD 33.49 billion during April-December financial year 2018-19.
A) 7% B) 9% C) 3% D) 6%
2. —————was the largest FDI contributor to India’s FDI inflow during April-December 2018-19 with USD 12.97 billion.
A) China B) Singapore C) Mauritius D) Nepal
3. Which among these agencies regulates housing finance companies in India?
A) National Housing Bank B) Housing Development Finance Corporation C)Housing and Development Boards D) Housing Finance Bank
4. Which out of these public sector banks in India is illustrating these days a blueprint for reconstruction termed as Nirman -II, in its second phase of restructuring with an objective to become India’s top nationalized bank in next few years?
A)State Bank of India B) Punjab National Bank C) Union Bank of India D) Syndicate Bank
5. In which year the original concept of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in the present form had come to India in a formal manner?
A) 2002 B)2004 C)2006 D) 2008
6. Recently we read in the newspapers that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) plans to launch an outreach programme across the country to evolve a workable model for which of these?
A) to fight with the menace of fake currency in India B) Public Private partnership all over India in Rural & Urban Areas C) Reducing interest rates of loans for micro units D) Banking at village levels
7. Which of the following was the first corporation that collapsed due to the present Global Recession?
A) Merrill Lynch B) Lehman Brothers (C) Morgan Stanley D) Bank of America
8. In which of these banks Government holding is 100%?
A) Indian Bank B) Union Bank of India C) United Bank of India D) State Bank of India
9. To make an online transaction after August 1, 2009 we have to enter an additional password as per the recent directions by RBI. It is commonly known as ————
A) VBV Verified by Visa B) MSC – MasterCard Secure Code C) Both of them D) One of them
10. Which among these would you advise as an appropriate investment plan for wage earners and unorganized workers?
A)Systematic Investment Plan B) Fixed Deposits C) Short Term Deposits D) Liquid Funds
11. Which among these programs was conceived by RBI to fill the gap existing in the formal financial network and extending the outreach of banking to the poor?
A) Core Banking Solutions B) SHG (self help groups) – Bank Linkage programe C) Micro Finance Institutions D) None of these
12. In which year RBI had introduced a Banking Ombudsman Scheme?
A)1992 B)1995 C)2000 D) 2002
13. On ————-the Government of India announced the demonetization of all Rs.500 and Rs.1000 banknotes of the Mahatma Gandhi
A) 8th November 2016 B) 8th November 2017 C) 8th November 2015 D) Not sure
14. The calculation of Sensex involves dividing the Free-float market capitalization of ——– companies in the Index by a number called the Index Divisor.
A) 25 B) 75 C) 30 D) 45
15. —— is a document that accompanies a prospectus for most initial public offerings (IPO), and describes the basic terms of the offering that are of the most important to a registered representative.
A) Red Sheet B) Orange Sheet C) Blue Sheet D) Green Sheet
16. ———— is the Sensex’s counterpart on the National Stock Exchange ( NSE)
A) Nifty B) CNX C) S & P D) None of these
17. ————-is an investor who purchases shares in the expectation that the market price of that company’s share will increase.
A) Bear B) Bull C) Bore D) Fox
18. The Government of India has recently planned to invest $ 6.8 billion as capital in ———state-run banks to ease the trouble.
A) 6 B) 9 C) 11 D) 12
19. For Bank Loan Rating Process & Methodology ——-is the best rating agency in the world; its rating is highly respected.
A) Moody’s Rating B) Standard & Poor Rating C) Fitch Rating D) Egan-Jones Rating.
20. Which is more popular Sensex or Nifty?
A) Sensex B) Both are equal C) Nifty D) not too sure
Research ProfessorDr. Vidya Hattangadi